Grundfos Pump Bearing

My recirculating pump [Grundfos UM25-18SU] ran dry [water main broke] and the rear bearing failed. I can't seem to find replacements. Since a new unit is $200+ I would have thought people might bother to repair and not just replace. Any sources? Thank you.

Reply to
John Keiser

Is it a ball bearing? If so, any bearing supply house or Grainger should have them. Otherwise, have you tried contacting Grundfos?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I expect you're looking for overpriced parts packaged for the item, instead of the industry-standard parts that they almost certainly are.

Get a pair of calipers and you measure what the standard size is, and buy them much cheaper from mscdirect.com, use-enco.com, mcmaster.com, etc.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

What Edwin and Richard said w/ the addition of pull the bad bearing and take it with you to the bearing distributors so they can cross it. If one is actually bad, I'd also suggest replacing the other while you're at it.

Reply to
dpb