Grout won't stay in..... Caulk?

This shower was renovated one year ago, and now I can't track down the contractor. The grout between the floor and wall keeps coming out only on one wall in the shower. I have regrouted it twice.
I suspect that this joint should have been caulked to allow expansion/contraction. Is this correct? If so, any special caulk? I couldn't find anything that matches the color at my local HD or Lowes. The contractor used caulk where the shower walls meet.
Any other tips appreciated!
Two pictures: http://home.comcast.net/~jdmcahren/grout.html
Yes it should be caulk to allow movement. You could use clear stuff. Also, where they sell shower units and doors they sell those preformed plastic strips. Maybe those would work and look good.

the
only on

Lowes. The

Use masking tape if you want a neat job.

Long hot showers heat the material, expansions happen.
Damn, I think that grout should have been replaced with colored silicone long ago.

The
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:28:51 GMT, Jeff McAhren wrote:

Your correct. it should have been caulked. The big box stores carry some colored caulk in the tile section. Any decent tile supply house will have a full line of colors to match your grout. Lou
Some caulk can take paint. My father in law used to paint grout and it held up better than unpainted grout. I imagine painted caulk would do fine too.

the
only on

caulk? I

Lowes. The

carry some

have a

That's a really wide joint to try & caulk. Normally you use a round foam filler below & the top is curved down also to make an hourglass section through the caulking. That's how I learned for big concrete paving expansion joints. I don't know if it would help to silicone in some kind of strip to narrow the gap first. Or maybe it's just that the grout was pushed up against the wall making it look wider. Try to dig out the old stuff & get it down flush (after caulking) at least.