Grout substitute

The problem - just had an extension built that had to include a manhole cover in the main corridor. It's a proper job sealing cover, so no worries with smells etc. I'm currently tiling and grouting the floor area but am at a bit of a loss over what to do around the manhole. I've cut the tiles to fit and still allow the man hole to lift - but what can I use to fill the gaps that won't cause me trouble in the future? I've thought of candle wax or similar just to fill the gaps?

Any idea's gratefully appreciated.

Reply to
trethevy

What's wrong with the same grout you're using for the rest of it? Worried about some possible movement?

Siliconized grout comes in tubes, and matches most colors.

Reply to
G Henslee

I reckon if I use the same grout the manhole will be real hard to lift in the future.

Reply to
trethevy

I see now. You need to grout the cover itself.

Man, how big is that cover?

You may want to use the siliconized grout that I suggested.

Reply to
G Henslee

Cover is 18" x 24" - quite big enough for inside!

Can siliconized grout be cut in the future if I need to lift the cover?

Reply to
trethevy

Sure. It stays relativley pliable.

Reply to
G Henslee

Thanks. Just need to find some the same colour as the grout now!

Reply to
trethevy