Grout Sealer Recommendations

I have a new shower and I would like the seal the grout before we start using it. It is a standard sand type grout.
Any suggestions or recommendations?
Latex or silicon?
snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com wrote:

Silicon sealer
--

dadiOH

Any specific brand?
Why do you suggest silicon over latex?
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 04:41:25 -0700, jmeehan wrote:

Could it be that silicone sealer may penetrate grout better, easier?

Franz Fripplfrappl
dadiOH wrote:

Silicone is easier to use, but there are a number of (what I think are better) products on the market that are heavy silanes. I find these to be easy to use and quite effective. One such product is http://www.epoxy.com/39.htm
Just Google: grout sealer silane
There are also water proofing materials based on nanoparticle admixtures that are being developed which are starting to reach the market.