Grout Sealer Recommendations

I have a new shower and I would like the seal the grout before we start using it. It is a standard sand type grout.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Latex or silicon?

Reply to
jmeehan

Silicon sealer

Reply to
dadiOH

Any specific brand?

Why do you suggest silicon over latex?

Reply to
jmeehan

Could it be that silicone sealer may penetrate grout better, easier?

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Silicone is easier to use, but there are a number of (what I think are better) products on the market that are heavy silanes. I find these to be easy to use and quite effective. One such product is

Just Google: grout sealer silane

There are also water proofing materials based on nanoparticle admixtures that are being developed which are starting to reach the market.

Reply to
Boden