Grout or silicone tiled corners?

Several tile books I own say that you should always "silicon any 90 degree angle where tile meets instead of grout, to avoid cracking grout joints." That means they wants me to silicone the inside corners of all the tiled walls in my bathroom, plus where the wall meets the floor tile too. I just wanted to get your opinions... do you use grout or silicone? Of course, if you say silicone, the next obvious question is -- how do you get the exact color of the grout? If your wife picks "mango-friggin-surprise" as the grout color, that's a far cry from white or almond! I suppose you could sprinkle some grout powder into the silicone but no thanks. I know enough to silicone where the tile meets the tub, however. I also leave about

1/4" gap too. Thoughts? p.s. Whoever grouted my existing bathroom decided to grout all inside wall corners in the shower too... and they're all cracking if not already completely deteriorated.
Reply to
GeekBoy