grout or cault tub line

I've gotten 2 different answers from 2 contractors I talked to. Is the seal between the tub and the tile floor in a bathroom to be grouted, caulked or both?
thanks!

"Both" makes no sense, except when they grout it and then you have to go back over it a year later because it's cracked. At that point it will have "both".
Ham Sulu wrote:

If the main objective is to complete the installation as quickly as possible, grouting everything is faster. Caulking is a better installation 99% of the time is done correctly.
Things such as framing shrinkage, movement between wall surfaces, type of substrate, tub profile, whether there's a shower head above, etc., must be taken into consideration before committing to grouting to the tub. Caulking is a more sure thing. Search this newsgroup and alt.building.construction for tips on caulking if you're the one going to be doing it.
All the corner joints should be "expansion" joints - ie caulk, or silicon.

Well there is a *both* solution... there is a product that is sanded grout mixed with latex caulk colored/textured to match your grout, but with the adhesive/flexible qualities of caulk. I have used it myself and it works great - available at the big box hardware stores like Home Depot.
Jeff Ham Sulu wrote:

Both.
Sanded grout, then Clear silicone.