grout line for counter tile: 1/4" or 1/8"

My counter tiles are 13x13 and I was thinking of a 1/8" grout line to be less visible and have less grout to get dirty. My question is, do narrow grout lines look weird in a large tile? Thanks.

Reply to
Reg

I would use a 1/4" grout line, myself.

The only rule I follow is make the customer happy. Lay a few tiles out on a plywood with different spacings, then decide which one you like best. You can stuff toilet paper in to simulate the grout.

In any case, seal the grout when you're done. Your tile store can advise you on what's best for kitchen, bath, etc.

You are gonna use a tile store, right? The few extra bucks you pay for supplies you'll more than get back in support and advice. Besides, they might even do the grout line mockup for you.

Reply to
SteveBell

1/8" isn't THAT narrow. Try laying out the tile with 1/16", 1/8", 3/16" and 1/4" grout lines before you make the choice.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Thank. We have a good tile store here but the tile that I like there is double what I got at Lowes. 1/8 looks ok so I'll probably go with that.

Reply to
Reg