Grout caulk in a tube for tile?

Is it okay to use the groute in a tube caulk stuff to grout tile instead of the poder groute you have to mix up? I grouted some tile with the grout/caulk and it seems fine but I noticed all of the seams are softer than normal grout but I have heard the tube grout/caulk is made for total grout jobs.
The tile work I did was around a bath tub so it was not used for flooring.

caulk is for caulking, it is not grout. it will never get hard. it's used for the intersection between the tub and the tile, because there will be some flex there over time. it isn't meant for use as a replacement for grout.
that said, it'll probably be ok if you did a good job at it and have no leaks anywhere. must have been a bear cleaning the tiles though. it'd be a LOT harder to do a good job than using regular grout.
Actually they do sell premixed grout in a tube too. I bought some and used it for repair. I don't think it is as dense as regular grout and will probably not use it again.

It's not caulk, it's grout. It gets hard.