Grout and Granite Counters

We have a pretty large granite countertop in our kitchen. The main part constists of 3 pieces of stone. There seems to be some type of grout sandwiched between the pieces. The problem is that due to settling of an addition to the house right under one of these junctions, the grout has come out of that seam. Can one use any type of grout or is there a special type of material used for this application?

Thanks

Reply to
Ringo

You should use the same kind of material as the original installation. It may not be grout, which is basically concrete. It may be a good grade of silicone (not just latex) caulk.

Make sure the surfaces on both sides of the gap are exactly level. If not, you will need to make them level by shimming.

Reply to
JJ

The installation is about 11 yeas old so I have no idea what was originally used. It is not a flexible caulk of any kind. The pieces that I am pulling out have broken and a quite hard.

Reply to
Ringo