Grounding wire missing?

I bought some wire marked as groundwire. It's the sort of thick black wire used to set up outdoor lights. And that is what am planning to do. I noticed that there is no grounding wire - there's just hot and neutral. The outdoor lights I've bought have connection inside the lightpole for hot, neutral and ground. What do I do with the ground connection? Perhaps this is a stupid question since all the wires go to the ground after all?

Reply to
John

JGolan

Black, two wire? Did you get low-voltage wire? Is this a low voltage light with a ground?

Too many questions.

tom

Reply to
Tom The Great