Grounding receptacle box

I bought some metal receptacle boxes at Lowes. They do not have grounding screws. When I install the receptacles, I will of course attach the ground to the ground screw on the outlet. Will the contact between the yoke and the box be sufficient to ground the box?
That is a contentious question. Certainly it will ground the box; however your inspector might not think so. Better quality outlets have a fancier hole on them to ensure a good ground; they should meet the code requirement, while the cheaper ones may not. Personally I ground both if the wire situation allows.
Boxes generally don't come with the screws, they will however have the 10/32 threaded tap in them and you can buy a box of grounding screws

You can also get those screws in green with a short piece of green wire pre attached. At better supply houses. I know it will be more expensive than just using a clip or screw with you own piece of scrap wire but time is money and it makes a nice neat job.

Some of those can be seen here http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=ground+wire+pigtail+with+screw&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&tab &oi=froogler and here http://assets.twacomm.com/pdf/14432.pdf

<snip>
I hadn't seen those before, and can see they would be real useful at times. Unfortunately I could not spend $0.80 on something that is otherwise nearly free.

I bought a box of them years ago, i will probably never run out as I now use mostly plastic boxes.

B. Adams wrote:

No, because when you remove the outlet the box will no longer be grounded. If you ground the box (you'll have to add a screw or a special UL-listed clip) you might not have to ground the outlet if the outlet has a little copper spring on one of the screws and is listed as "self grounding".
I usually wrap the ground wire about 270 around the screw in the box and then continue on to the outlet. I learned that trick here. :-) It works better than using a wirenut.
Those ground clips are hard to use IMHO and not worth it.
You can always use plastic boxes and then you don't have to ground them.
Bob