Grounding a light fixture

I am replacing some light fixtures that were original equipment in my house. The electrician connected the bare ground wire in the ceiling to the ground wire in the fixture with a wire nut instead of screwing it into the fixture hanger. I just redid it the same way, but now I am sorta wondering if there is any reason I shoud NOT do so and go back and redo my work.

If it is connected to the box there is no problem.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks.