Grounded outlet

Page 2 of 2

snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

Perhaps, but I've changed outlets for 30+ years with the power on and while the occasional bite is unpleasant, it is hardly dangerous, at least not sitting on carpet or hardwood. My now brother-in-law and I used to plug the leads of a tester into the wall socket and see who could hold on the longest when we were kids, he always won. While I could do without a shock, in a house where nothing is marked, it is a lot simpler to just change it out. It is kind of like the asbestos thing, somewhat dangerous, but blown way out of proportion.
On 10 Nov 2006 09:43:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

In that picture, his right hand is likely to be wet, increasing conductivity.

Mark Lloyd
Mark Lloyd wrote:

Incidentally, the fact that there are still those who disbelieve in electric shock would seem to contraindicate this assertion. :) :)
On 10 Nov 2006 09:50:00 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

I used to know a person who claimed that no one knew what electricity is.

Mark Lloyd