ground wires

It's not different. The only difference, when used on a GROUND wire is current flow (and therefore heat).

Reply to
clare

I've taken some back-stab outlets apart and the ones I disassembled had a spring that had a sharp edge that dug into the solid wire which is the only type they're supposed to be used on. The connectors have a rounded smooth spring surface that can also be used on stranded wire. I believe it gives the connector more surface area in contact with the wire. I've never had any problems with the connectors. I also have some connectors that have a little flip lever than will lock/release the wires and they're the same size as the push-in connectors.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I hate callbacks so I cut the 'backstab' connectors off and use wire nuts.

Reply to
Barney

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

And who/what are these TDD?

Reply to
Tekkie®

newsguy.com:

I try to avoid the third trip by buying everything I think I need, everything I think I might need, everything I think I think I might need and everything I think I think I think I might need.

That way there's only 2 trips - purchase a whole bunch of stuff and return most of it. Sometimes it works, sometimes I miss an "I think" along the way.

However, in most cases, I save up my returns until I have enough to make the wait at the return counter worth the trouble. The longest I held onto to something was about 9 months for a $70 shower head that I found in the basement. No questions asked...they just took it back and credited my card.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I'll see if I can find them, oh yea, I remember. The critters are called "Lever-Nuts" from Wago. You will find the connectors in a lot of lighting products because they make the fixtures easy to install and repair. The connectors are handy for lots of things. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Now those look pretty good.