Ground wire for dual fuel kitchen stove

Just installed a dual fuel (gas/220)stove in the kitchen, works perfectly. My 220 had three #8 wires Black / White / Red, no ground. Back of stove show a 4 wire hook-up ground being connect just below center white wire. I did not install a ground as I only had three wire. Question: should I be concerned about not having it grounded. Question: Should I run a ground wire from frame of stove to ground.
Thanks in advance
Is the cable steel? If so, the cable, clamped into the box will ground it.

Cable from stove to ground is copper

INSTALL THE GROUND!
Its a safety hazard as is:(
All 240 volt appliances are now 4 wire for safety.
In certain circumstances the neutral can be powered and a shock hazard. currently your stove is not grounded at all and a BIG hazard
INSTALL THE GROUND!
Its a safety hazard as is:(
All 240 volt appliances are now 4 wire for safety.
In certain circumstances the neutral can be powered and a shock hazard. currently your stove is not grounded at all and a BIG hazard
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

AGREED! This is correct. If the white wire should come loose, the frame of your range could have 120 Volts on it!!!!
Mark
INSTALL THE GROUND!
Its a safety hazard as is:(
All 240 volt appliances are now 4 wire for safety.
In certain circumstances the neutral can be powered and a shock hazard. currently your stove is not grounded at all and a BIG hazard
Thanks you Group for the help.

Steve Lambert wrote:

be certain to run new ground wire back to electrical panel DONT ground to water pipe! Thats just or more dangerous, someone can get killed taking a shower