Ground wire for dual fuel kitchen stove

Just installed a dual fuel (gas/220)stove in the kitchen, works perfectly. My 220 had three #8 wires Black / White / Red, no ground. Back of stove show a 4 wire hook-up ground being connect just below center white wire. I did not install a ground as I only had three wire. Question: should I be concerned about not having it grounded. Question: Should I run a ground wire from frame of stove to ground.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Steve Lambert

Is the cable steel? If so, the cable, clamped into the box will ground it.

Reply to
RBM

Reply to
Steve Lambert

INSTALL THE GROUND!

Its a safety hazard as is:(

All 240 volt appliances are now 4 wire for safety.

In certain circumstances the neutral can be powered and a shock hazard. currently your stove is not grounded at all and a BIG hazard

Reply to
hallerb

INSTALL THE GROUND!

Its a safety hazard as is:(

All 240 volt appliances are now 4 wire for safety.

In certain circumstances the neutral can be powered and a shock hazard. currently your stove is not grounded at all and a BIG hazard

Reply to
hallerb

INSTALL THE GROUND!

Its a safety hazard as is:(

All 240 volt appliances are now 4 wire for safety.

In certain circumstances the neutral can be powered and a shock hazard. currently your stove is not grounded at all and a BIG hazard

Reply to
hallerb

AGREED! This is correct. If the white wire should come loose, the frame of your range could have 120 Volts on it!!!!

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Thanks you Group for the help.

Reply to
Steve Lambert

be certain to run new ground wire back to electrical panel DONT ground to water pipe! Thats just or more dangerous, someone can get killed taking a shower

Reply to
hallerb