Ground Water Drainage.

I have in front of my house, right in front of the flowerbed an area that gets really soggy and waterlogged when it rains, and for several days after. Grass does not grow that well there. I think there is a pipe that goes under the area that is taking some rainwater under ground and into the back yard by the sump exit.

Should I try to add dirt to the lawn, or maybe dig a hole and fill it with a drainage pipe and rocks and whatnot to drain the water from the ground in this area? Since I think I have a pipe right around here I can drain it into. And Ill put in a cleanout while im at it since I think that pipe is already clogged with leaves.

Or will a pipe draining water hear cause problems for the lawn by taking all the water away?

Reply to
dnoyeB

A few clarifying questions first.

Is your downspout from the eaves in this area?

Is your flowerbed also soggy?

Is your basement wet in this area?

Does the ground slope toward or away from the flowerbed?

The slope issue will be easiest to correct with some soil and grass seed.

If the eaves downspout is clogged before the weeping tile perhaps you could clean it out. If the water makes it to the weeping tile the ground shouldn't get soggy from it.

Reply to
Hogwild