Ground rod question

Page 2 of 2

wrote

There should be a ground wire going to the frame of the machine. If not , it probably is not installed by the electric code. Even a 480 V 3 phase system must have the frame of the equipment connected to an earth ground for electrical safety.
Where I work there are several thousand pieces of 3 phase equipment. All of it has a "green wire", many times a bare wire that will run back to a ground point. We make polyester material, and also make some chip that is transfered from one place to another. All of the pipes that convey the chip is grounded and checked several times a year to make sure it is grounded. That is for the static safety.

You don't have to go vertical - lateral is acceptable.

Thanks, that will work. Ther eis a lot of solid ledge around here. We have rock cliffs next to the building that are 15' high and who knows how deep.
Does the building have water supply, or sewer? Those may be metal, and well grounded.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus