Ground level flooring advice needed

Page 2 of 2

In cars, you can SEE the results of outgassing on the inside of the windshield. Nobody talks about it (other than "Where's the Windex?") because what are you gonna do? Not drive the car?

Saving money is a good enough reason for me to ignore fearmongering. I have a fair amount of faith in my ability to tell junk science from real science from an agenda, and fear of vinyl flooring is not in the middle category.
I also have asbestos siding on my house, and don't appear to be dead yet.

You're not exposed to airborne asbestos.