Ground fault outlet didn't trip

Did some wet diamond grinding with my electric angle grinder (double insulated) on a concrete walkway in the backyard. Felt a tingle on my hand but the GFCI outlet didn't trip, must be too low of a fault current.
Frank wrote:

Tingle more likely nerve issues from grinder vibrations than electric.
Frank wrote:

If you felt it then you may have bad or mis-wired GFCI.
Note that if the path of current is from hot wire -through you- and then back to the neutral wire, (not ground) then you will be shocked all day long.. until the cows come home..... The GFCI does not know you from a light bulb or any other load.
Kevin

Just a note. I recently bought some (Leviton I think) GFCI's. They will not even reset if it's miswired.
<Frank> wrote in message > Did some wet diamond grinding with my electric angle grinder (double

If you felt a tingle from the grinder, and it wasn't as Pete c described, you have a defective GFCI

beware, it could be Vincent Price with the Tingler!
<Frank> wrote in message > Did some wet diamond grinding with my electric angle grinder (double

Push the test button and see if it trips.
<Frank> wrote in message > Did some wet diamond grinding with my electric angle grinder (double

The GFCI is suspose to trip at 5 ma. Most people can feel currents as small as 1 or 2 ma. The test button is set for about 8 ma. Incase you don't hae a point of refferance, a 100 watt light bulb will need about 1 amp of current to light. A ma is .001 of an amp. Up to about 10 ma on the outside of the skin is usually safe but it might start being painful. Get up to 50 to 100 ma and you could die. Those are very rough numbers.