Grouding 3-Way Switch

I am doing 2 3-way switches that are together in one double box. The instructions are a little bit unclear on the grounding. Do you always ground the switch to the grounding wire? The instructions are vague, and say that in some cases, the grounding wire just passes through the box. But that doesn't sound right to me. It seems like the switches should always be grounded to the grounding wire.
Thanks.
If the box is metal, you can connect the grounding conductors to the box. The switch becomes grounded by its screws

Provided the switch makes a SOLID connection to the box!
There are green ground screws on the switches its best to pigtail them to the ground wire or box.
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:17:29 -0500, "RBM" <rbm2(remove

I don't like to take chances, I ground to the an actual wire, or bond it to the box via a pig tail. But that is me, a worry-wart.
tom @ www.YourMoneyMakingIdeas.com

I'm just saying what's required by NEC, feel free to go as overboard as you like

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:10:05 -0500, "Buck Turgidson"

Be careful. Many of the 3-way switches actually don't actually use a grounding wire and use the 3rd ground wire as a hot wire. That's not the way it should be done, but .....

What???
--
Regards,
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:52:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Wizards first rule. People are stupid. I take issue with the claim "many", but if I found such a situtation, I'd be more disgusted than surprised.
--Goedjn
Say again??
--
Steve Barker

"DK" < snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net> wrote in message

If it has a grounding terminal, yes. Not all of them do.
--
Regards,
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:10:05 -0500, "Buck Turgidson"

3 Ways are much cooler if you put them of each side of the room instead of in the same box. :)