"Grommet" for granite counter top hole

I want to drill a hole in my granite island counter to fit a electrical plug for a tv permanently left on the island. I know how to do that, but I want one of those stainless steel (preferably brushed) rings to finish out the top nicely. It looks like a grommet basically and you shove it in the hole and it sits almost flush with the counter top and looks better than a plain hole. The problem is I don't know what you would call that and searching hasn't turned up anything.
Mike C wrote:

Wire grommet
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=wire+grommet&aq=f&aqi=g4g-m6&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CR7Xgx9D-S5mOF5v4ygS4ir2lBQAAAKoEBU_Qo5jV
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Thanks. That looks like what I need. Most are plastic, so I will need to search around a bit.
One big thing I forgot to mention is I wanted to silicon it to the counter so that when something is spilled, the liquid won't go into the hole in the counter, so it isn't only cosmetic.

I think you may one day come to regret drilling a hole in a granite counter for a TV cord.
They make lightweight TVs that could could mount on just about any wall or even hang from the ceiling if you must have a TV in the kitchen.

Probably not important. The OP is working on a 'island', another current fashion that will be dated in a few years. Sooner or later, SWMBO will get tired of walking around the obstruction and issue an ultimatum to 'get rid of that ugly thing' and the newest fad will make it moot. So go ahead and cut it up any way you want, OP.
Joe

You are kidding, right? Those islands are very nice.

If you're foolish enough to put an island in an already too small kitchen, in the working triangle, maybe. Other than that, they're a great place to prepare food and with a granite top _the_ place to prepare baked goods.

Do you mean you want to install an outlet to power the tv, or make a hole to pass the power cord thru to an outlet below the counterr-top???
On Thu, 27 May 2010 19:36:49 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

Pretty hard to make a countertop receptacle meet code.
On May 27, 9:46pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That's why I asked the question, the OP didn't specify any particular size hole, AC plugs on the ends of power cords come in a number of sizes.
On Thu, 27 May 2010 20:50:48 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

"standard" gtommet size for countertops and desks is something like 2.25 to 2.5 inch.
Mike C wrote the following:

I would look for a better place to put a permanent outlet, rather than a granite top, like on the side of the island. Spills might get into the top outlet, especially a catastrophic spill, like dropping a pot of water or tomato sauce.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

The hole is for electrical/video cords for a computer monitor. It will be used as a TV also, but as a computer with a wireless keyboard/ mouse. The island is 7x4 so plenty of room and doubt a 1.5" whole will be a big regret. The outlet is already in the cabinet as there is a microwave in the cabinet already.
There is a 11" overhang on 3 sides and drawers at the top of the 4th side, so draping a cord is ugly and not practical.