"Groaning" Ice Cube Maker in GE Side by Side

     HNY everyone,
We have a new (less than 8 month old) GE side by side refrigerator/freezer with the water/crushed ice/ice cube dispenser on the freezer door.
I've called GE Warranty Repair and they are sending someone out in about a week so the problem will "hopefully" be fixed soon anyway.
However, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and if it's something that may reoccur or if there's a preventive way to ensure it doesn't happen again (if the part itself isn't actually defective).
Anyway, the ice cube dispenser "groans". What's happening is that the rotating rod that turns the dispenser to drop the ice cubes into the bin is turning but the ice cubes aren't actually turning and being dumped into the bin. If I pour a small amount of warm water onto the top of the tray, that seems to "loosen it up" and I can see the tray slowly rotating again. However, this problem reoccurs every 2 or 3 days.
Anyone else seen this problem and is it just a defective part (maybe the rod itself is slipping?).
I can provide the model number if that is helpful.
mine groans a bit sometimes, but it dispenses..
randy
" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net" <bounce.bounce.net> wrote in message

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 09:52:22 -0700, "xrongor"

Unfortunately, this one groans and never stops (and won't dispense ice) without manual intervention.
:

My wife groans every time I ask her to being me a glass with ice. You learn to live with it.