Grip Tape for New Wood Steps

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to do to install some grip tape on some new wood steps. the wood is not painted or sealed? Thanks
I am also open to any other suggestions for Traction for new wooden steps.
This is for an eldery couples steps. thanks

Paint them. On the top surface, put some non-skid compound in the paint. I don't know if paint stores carry it, but places that sell marine paint do, as boaters need this kind of surface.
Brandon Herlein wrote:

There are self adhesive tapes that work well. Try www.grainger.com I put some on steps at work about 10 years ago and it is still in good shape.