grinders bite

Page 2 of 2
Bob F wrote:

Youre right. O care is nonsense to the nth degree.
On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:16:48 AM UTC-4, Michael A. Terrell wrote: > Nonsense. Youre right. O care is nonsense to the nth degree.
Off topic, but you might want to remember it is Romney's health care plan word for word, with huge profits to big business especially the insurance industry. Ironic that the Republican plan was the only one the Democrats could get passed.
On topic, I don't believe the availability of health care causes any of us to do stupid stuff in the shop. We do stupid stuff either because we really didn't predict what could happen (a grinder will kick?) or because we knew and had a momentary lapse of attention. And it only takes that second of overconfidence to end up hurt.
On 10/30/2012 1:10 PM, TimR wrote:

for word, with huge profits to big business especially the insurance industry. Ironic that the Republican plan was the only one the Democrats could get passed.

do stupid stuff in the shop. We do stupid stuff either because we really didn't predict what could happen (a grinder will kick?) or because we knew and had a momentary lapse of attention. And it only takes that second of overconfidence to end up hurt.

There is a two-point-something tax on medical device sales that a lot of folks are howling about....sensitive issue locally. Looking at the big picture, healthcare in the US is the most expensive anywhere. Private insurance, M'care, M'caid pay for layer upon layer of healthy profits, so I'm thinking that part of ACA isn't so bad. When some people cannot pay for their own care, it comes out of "our" pocket some way....they delay care until conditions are worse and more complex, then show up at the ER. So, you want the money coming out of funds paid by USERS of healthcare, out of your pocket (the raise you would have gotten from your employer), out of your taxes, or....just let the poor die? That includes your spouse/parent/grandparent in nursing homes.
Pre-existing conditions are all that hold a lot of people in a job they would leave but for the problem of getting coverage with a new employer...might turn out good for biz.
The insurance industry hasn't kept up with the complexity of today's healthcare, and all of the handicapped kids, chronically ill adults who are alive because of immensely expensive procedures and equipment.
One new thing is requirement for docs (even my dentist) have go to entirely electronic medical records....don't know whether it is state or federal, but gov't. is paying for computer systems for docs. Once they go electronic, then the bean counters can look at all the diagnostic and procedure codes, codes for side effects of meds, complications of surgery, etc., and figure out what works and what doesn't and start cutting the crap. Just about everyone in my family has received shitty care on at least one occasion, and avoided shitty care on others because I'm an RN and recognize goofy when I see it. It may evolve to the point that docs and dentists cease to enter the profession to become millionaires and instead serve humanity. Could happen. I won't live that long :o)

This time it was your hand. Next time it will be your penis! Either stop using power tools, or you'll be a woman real soon. (and women dont use power tools).
We'd have to change his name to Stevette B?
This time it was your hand. Next time it will be your penis! Either stop using power tools, or you'll be a woman real soon. (and women dont use power tools).
On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 23:10:36 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@jay.com wrote:

DUCK!! -- Nice shootin', Norminn.<G>
Jim