Grinder question.

Purchased an economical new 8 inch two wheel grinder.

One wheel (the coarser one) is slightly eccentric or has a slight variation or wobble.

And there is vibration. More so than my older six inch grinder.

But am wondering if, with use, the the coarse wheel will 'wear' into a better balance?

Any advice before deciding to return the purchase would be appreciated.

Reply to
terry

I have a deal that trues up a new or worn wheel. It is a toothed wheel on a sturdy handle and it will tune up a bad grinder wheel in a few seconds. Look around in the tool department.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yup that's what I was thinking off, often called 'Dressing' a grinding wheel? I recall my dad had a large old fashioned tool for dressing or 'truing up' his, large, e.g. 15 inches, slow, 'wet' grindstone. The grinder was 'economically' made in China, and when I went back to exchange it, couple of days into the New Year; out of stock! The clerk also let it slip that others were purchasing replacement wheels! All the advice much appreciated, thank you.

Reply to
terry