Grills and moth balls

I use mothballs to help keep critters out of my pool heater during the winter. I am thinking about doing the same for my gas grill. Any particular reason I shouldn"t?
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Since you use it to prepare food. Those moth balls release noxious gases which could be transmitted to your food.

Oops. Let me try it again. I was just going to let them sit on the grill, probably still in the box, over the winter when I am not using it anyway.

Once you turn on the grill and preheat it,those mothballs would be history.
I'd try it and see how it works. They might not last all that long,tough. IMO,not a bad idea.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Please forget that idea. If you want to poison your family, be a man about it and use cyanide or arsenic so it makes for a good news story. If you want to protect the grill, buy one of those huge plastic storage containers often used for blankets & clothing.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

I have seen it recommended to keep spiders out of the gas tubes. I would be sure that there was no way I would somehow miss them before I started to prepare food on the grill.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Cool. Since it is my grill and since I am hypervigilant about getting moth balls out of places (since the time I forgot to take the box out of the pool heater before they opened the pool), I should be good to go.