greenboard

should I use greenboard in childs playhouse for walls and ceiling.

Moisture content is my concern.

Reply to
hayke50

Dens-Shield is a gypsum based tile backer board that's used for tiling showers stalls and around bathtubs. It's 1/2 inch thick and you cut it and install it just like drywall. Most home centers will sell it in

32X60 inch panels for showers and bathtub walls, but any place listed under Plastering & Drywall Supplies in your yellow pages that sells Georgia Pacific products will also sell it in 4X8 sheets.

If it wuz me, I would use Dens-Shield for the bottom 12 to 24 inches of the walls, and then use drywall (or greenboard) above that. I'm presuming you're only concerned about snow melt leaking into the playhouse.

My sister's finished basement flooded after a super heavy rain. I had a piece of Dens-Shield submerged in a 5 gallon pail of water for a week prior to deciding to use it to replace the water damaged drywall in her basement. Now she's good for a 12 inch flood down there.

Reply to
nestork

Just a little more info needed.. Such as what part of the country or world are you in ??Is it weather tight ??That being said , I don't think I would use something as easy to damage as drywall in a playhouse , but that's just me...

Reply to
benick