Green light?

A neighborhood house has a small, bright (LED??) green light emanating from a side deck of it nightly. What is this? Motion sensor? Camera?
Banty

Guide light for the mother ship to land

I would be interested to know when this appeared in relation to March 17.

Now I want too know if the OP is colored blind.

I have a neighbor 1/2 mile away who appeared to have the same thing. When I went to check it out, I found a porch light with decorative glass panels. The one panel was acting as a prism sending green light in my direction. When at the house, it looked like a perfectly normal porch light. From my house 1/2 mile away, I could walk back and forth 50 feet and see it change from green to purple. This was all around Christmas time, so I started off thinking it was a decoration.
colored blind?
How do you color someone blind?

Many GFI outlets have a green LED to indicate the outlet is live and has not tripped. When I have the cover on my outdoor outlet flipped up the LED, viewed on-axis, is quite bright even in daytime. Maybe the neighbor has an outlet that should be covered. Motion sensors usually have a red lamp that comes on when, well, motion is sensed.
--
Chuck in Detroit

Could be a GFI as prev mentioned. Could be a flat panel LCD night light. Could be a detector to see if his wife is stepping out on him. Could be a radioactive glow from too much work at the nuke plant.
Best bet. Go return the rake you borrowed last fall and while your doing so, ask him.
Why don't you walk over and see? Or, heres a novel concept...... You could ask.

They're several houses down - don't know them. It'd be weird "hey what's that green light".
I think the GCFI indicator LED is probably the answer. The side of their house pretty much points directly to my front door (curve in the street). One night I noticed a bright green light, that's all.
Cheers, Banty

Thinking gets me in trouble. Maybe, the one night green light was a party favor.
Of course, AREA 51 comes to mind.
I can't SEE a GFCI green LED several house down from me :-))