Green Glue replaces adhesive

Am I correct in thinking that if I use Green Glue between two sheets it also acts as an adhesive and that I should not use the conventional adhesive.
Thanks,
Sam

What is green glue and what kind of sheets, bedsheets or sheetrock or Homasote or ???????
On 1/17/2010 11:17 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

http://www.greengluecompany.com /
Don
Re: Green Glue replaces adhesive:

Looks like a scam.

From everything I have read and researched about Green Glue, yes, you just use the Green Glue as the only adhesive. It has soundproofing properties. I assume that you mean between 2 sheet of drywall or other material that you want to attach together and you want to create some soundproofing in the process.
The http://GreenGlueCompany.com website has videos to show how to use it.

Oops, my mistake. The http://GreenGlueCompany.com website doesn't seem to have any videos.
I saw them on YouTube. Go to http://YouTube.com and type "Green Glue" into the search bar and lots of "how to" videos come up showing how use the product.

In

typed:

It's not my website and I don't know who the Green Glue people are.
You suggested maybe just using Silicone I or Silicone II. I don't think they are adhesives -- I think they are 100% silicone caulk, but have very little adhesive quality. If I thought that Silicone I or II had good adhesive qualities I would be using it for a project I have recently thought about doing.
I found the Green Glue website and YouTube videos when I was recently looking into the idea of attaching sheets of drywall to a party wall between two houses to try to reduce the transmission of sound between the two dwelling units. I haven't tried it, and it is expensive -- about 5 times the cost of 100% silicone caulk (I or II).
I only posted what I did in response to the OP's question which was the following:
"Am I correct in thinking that if I use Green Glue between two sheets it also acts as an adhesive and that I should not use the conventional adhesive."
Jay-T wrote:

they have a LOT of adhesive qualities. sign people sometimes use them to stick up exterior signs. i used some to mount some glass art on aluminium standoffs. the glass panels weigh about 6 lbs each, mounted on 2"x3" standoffs screwed to the wall over my fireplace.
the trick is to not use a solid layer of silicone, but to leave air gaps. press together, and don't touch or move the joint for at least 24 hours.
wrote in message

Also remember that all glass aquariums are made with nothing but glass and RTV quality silicone sealer/caulk.
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:49:14 -0600, "Doug Brown"

Yeah, go ahead and use RTV silicone sealer in an aquarium. Then figure out why all your fish are dead.
The silicone used for aquariums is SPECIALLY FORMULATED for that use.
On Jan 19, 7:42pm, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I've built a lot of aquariums using GE clear silicone. Nothing special about that and no, the fish didn't die.
wrote in message

And I've built over 100 aquaria using either an RTV silicone, GE or whatever I could find. No fish deaths attributable to the sealer.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

not really. the silicones that should not be used are the ones that have anti-mildew agents added. one shouldn't use bath&tub caulk for that reason. the normal ge silicone II is fine unless it is marked to contain an algacide.