Green Copper

Page 2 of 2

Detracts buyers.

Trying to do that, but cannot get at many areas (corners, valves, etc.). I need something to soak or spray on the pipes to clean them up.

On top of chalky green stuff? Will also attract negative attention with buyers.

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:35:54 -0600, "Mike Dobony"

I use to 'polish' copper fixtures, till I was told it was wrong. If something is a show piece, it's ok, you have to take the good with the bad. However, if not, then removing the oxide layer exposes fresh copper to oxerdize. With each polishing, a layer of metal is lost.
Now this is what was told to me, I'm no metalist.
later,
tom @ www.FreeWorkAtHomeIdeas.com
Tom The Great wrote:

If you want the copper to stay bright , you need a good copper polish and then laquer it.
You can get a clearcoat in a spray can that will last quite a while.
I dont know if a sacrificial anode would be an option.
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:35:54 -0600, "Mike Dobony"

Salt and vinegar will make it shine, at least for awhile.

Tried that with minimal results.