Green bath Tub

I have just moved into an 50 old house that has a green enamel bathtub. Is there anyway to paint this thing and if so what type of paint could I use.
I asked this question earlier, but did not mention it was enamel. Got a lot of answers, but still looking for a solution.
Thanks
I've seen painted bathtubs; I've also seen ads for tub refinishing services. If I had your problem, I'd try one of the refinishers.
-- Regards,
Jerry Schwartz http://www.writebynight.com e-card JerryS https://ecardfile.com /
<DIV>I have just moved into an 50 old house that has a green enamel bathtub. Is there anyway to paint this thing and if so what type of paint could I use.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I asked this question earlier, but did not mention it was enamel. Got a lot of answers, but still looking for a solution.</FONT><BR><BR>Thanks</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
I have just moved into an 50 old house that has a green enamel bathtub. Is there anyway to paint this thing and if so what type of paint could I use.
I asked this question earlier, but did not mention it was enamel. Got a lot of answers, but still looking for a solution.
Thanks
xxx
IMHO, if the enamel is in good shape, learn to live with it, and count your blessings that you have a 'real' cast-iron tub, as opposed to a modern steel or plastic one. Others on here will disagree, but I have never personally seen a field-refinished tub that looked 'right', and the consensus seems to be that under daily use, the refinish doesn't last very long. And unless you are a rich person, you don't get cast iron any more.
If you simply can't stand the green under any circumstances, I'd go with a tub liner, assuming you can take the tub being slightly smaller. (although I understand they are not nearly as bad as they used to be, that way.)
aem sends....

It's vintage.....don't ruin it.
Personally I don't think I could live with a green tub, so I would have it done. I would not try and do it myself, I would have the pros do it. Not just a painter, but a professional fixture refinisher. Check their references and ask if you can see an example of their work.
-- Joseph Meehan
26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math