Great stuff or backer rod?

When ceiling a French drain for the basement or floating slab which would be better? Great stuff or backer rod? I have read pros and cons on both so I'm looking for someone who has experience that can help me make a decision before we install a mitigation system in our house. As always any help and good advice is always appreciated thank you and advance
On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 20:44:01 +0000, Dave

You might want to re-read what you posted and re-write it so it makes sense !!!
On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 15:28:59 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Obviously using spell checker - - -
On 12/12/2015 3:44 PM, Dave wrote:

A basement ceiling is an odd place for a French drain.
> Great stuff or backer rod?
Yes, backer rods are great stuff.
> I have read pros and cons on both so I'm looking for someone who has

Your welcome and advance
On 12/12/2015 1:44 PM, Dave wrote:

Huh? What aspect of the drain are you trying to seal? Presumably, anything you're talking about, here, would be below grade and have to endure those conditions "indefinitely"...
On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:54:29 -0700, Don Y

I THINK he is talking about sealing between the new slab and the wall/foundation.
On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 20:52:59 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Yea, I did sort of "read in" the word "sealing" instead of "ceiling". People all make typos, but they could at least try to use the right words so they make sense....
Anyhow, most if the time people use backer rod between a slab and put some asphalt based liquid crack sealer on top to keep water out. (I'm assuming "backer rod" is that round foam stuff which is sold in different diameters).
On 12/12/2015 6:52 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

And where does the french drain come into the calculus?
"I'm looking to purchase a new car. Should I order the cheese and pepperoni or anchovy with extra onions??"
Ans: Javelina
Or, maybe, 904 stainless?
(sigh)
Dave posted for all of us...

My crystal ball is cloudy. Why not concrete crack sealer? Great stuff isn't.
--
Tekkie