"GREAT STUFF" (not so great)

Page 2 of 2

I'm not sure what you mean by "HD is much more lenient".
Either the bar code is in their system and they'll take it back or it's not and they won't. Same with Lowes.
If I'm turned away from the Returns desk at Lowes or HD, I simply take the item to the other one.
What one doesn't take back the other does because I either bought it at one or the other.
BTW...here's an example of how HD isn't so lenient.
A few years ago I bought one of these Husky painters tools, which comes with a lifetime guarantee:
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/paint/paint-tools/husky/14-in-1-painters-tool-75845.html
The tool comes with 2 screwdriver bits clipped into the handle.
Last week I cracked the blade while prying something with it, so I took it with me to trade in the next time I went to HD.
When I brought my old (and very beat up) tool along with a new one to the Returns desk to swap them, the clerk took the screwdriver bits out of the new tool because my old one didn't have the bits. She put the bits into the handle off my old tool before putting the "defective" label on it.
Did she really think I was exchanging the old cracked one for a new one just to rip off a couple of screwdriver bits? I just chuckled...
Add pictures here
✖
Tony Miklos wrote:

For all the grief I like to give Home Despot, I have had nothing but exceptional customer service when returning anything to their store, and unlike Lowe's, they actually speak English.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖

Fill their knickers with the stuff.
Add pictures here
✖
Oren wrote:

Aren't you being redundant?
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 4, 11:09 pm, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

How cold was it. I had some cans out in the garage and they wouldnt work either until I brought them in the house and let them warm up.
Jimmie
Add pictures here
✖