Great Stuff, How much is in a can

Can someone tell me how many sq ft can you get from a 16oz can of big gap filler after it cures.
Thanks Rich
madmun wrote:

It's cubic inches, not square feet, and one can will give you just about enough to seal around a door with a one-inch gap. I would say that is about 1200 cubic inches, or 2/3 of a cubic foot.
Note that there are different versions. Some expand more than others, on purpose. The minimally-expanding type is for applications where things might move, like a window or door frame.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

40,000 sq ft if you spread it thin enough.
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:22:40 +0000, madmun wrote:

A few sq ft less than one usually needs for any specific job. Be sure to have an extra can on hand.

Franz Fripplfrappl
replying to madmun, Foam User wrote:

Using basic math volume formulas and the detail that a 16 ounce can of Great Stuff will make a 1/2" diameter bead, by 232' long, the volume of foam in that bead is ~0.31 cubic feet or an equivalent block of ~12" x12" x 4".