Great stuff - getting it off

Let's say you were a little sloppy using that can of "Great stuff". If you didn't care about the surface it was on, how would you get it off - as in all the way off? Knife, that works just fine, but won't get it all off of concrete. Spackle knife, same as a pen knife. What will dissolve it - mineral spirits, lacquer thinner, diesel, acetone, ...
I'm just looking for a quick way to dissolve it so that I can do a proper job that the Great Stuff temporarily fixed.
Eigenvector wrote:

Those solvents you mention are worth a try. I think it makes sense to start with the mildest solvent, mineral spirits with a wire brush. It that doesn't work then you might try the stronger ones.

Any clues on the label directions, perhaps involving cleanup? a quick google suggests acetone is the active ingredient in GS cleanup:
http://greatstuff.dow.com/greatstuff/pro/ht_adhesive.htm
lee
oops. tough luck if stuff is cured. from Dow website:
"CLEAN UP: Uncured adhesive dissolves with GREAT STUFF Pro Cleaner, or acetone. Cured adhesive must be mechanically removed.""
installed new front door here saturday, its really sticky and on my hands today:(
I used acetone but perhaps it was too cured...
oh well it will pay off in a lifetime of less air infiltration with lower heating bills.

Hmmm. I would have thought acetone. Obviously others did too.
I used to use a lot of it on old cars I had in the northeast where the salt rats are murder. Cleaned up the unwanted bulges with a razor knife and Surform plane it up nicely. Couple of times I put an epoxy filler on top. Some worked. Put red Bondo on it once and it melted it. Just figured there was acetone in it. Really don't know.
Now I see that red Bondo contains 10-20% by weight styrene. Sounds like the same family as the spray foam.
Since OP says it's concrete vs ashphalt, maybe he could burn it with a torch. Either make all the sticky stuff melt and he can blot, or might dry it crunchy to wire brush off or just make a bigger melted mess. Vapors from burning probably toxic as hell though.

It has a urethane base. Once on your hands, it turns black and I've never found anything to get if off aside from time. On the can, they tell you to wear gloves. Of course, that is for the other guy, I'm not going to make a mess and get it on my hands.
It has a fire retardant in it, but a torch is hot enough that it may burn it off concrete but I don't know what residue it may leave behind. Worth a try.
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 23:11:32 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Al

From the DOW site: "Uncured adhesive dissolves with GREAT STUFF Pro Cleaner, or acetone. Cured adhesive must be mechanically removed."
http://www.dow.com/buildingproducts/enerbond/tips.htm
-- Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization. -- Charles Lindbergh

And probably set my house of fire too. I had enough trouble keeping the damn cat out of it

I'll try the acetone, then go for the lacquer thinner if that isn't getting my anywhere.
Yup, it is cured so I guess if it don't work I'll have to resort to sanding and spackle knives.
There is only one thing that will remove "Great Stuff" from your hands. URINE. Piss in your hand and rub well......
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 11:37:39 -0700, "Eigenvector"