Great experience with Kwikset

Page 1 of 2
We had our house built over ten years ago. We chose Kwikset door hardware throughout and it has served us well.
A couple weeks ago we could not close the back door to the garage. The doorknob latch was in the extended position and would not go in so the door could not close.
I tried to remove the doorknob assembly, but the doorknob shaft would not come out. Finally I called the Kwikset company to see if they had any ideas. They told me to call a locksmith and send them the bill. The locksmith said an internal part was broken and jamming the mechanism. He used a screwdriver to bend the lock frame and took out a broken part.
Again, I called Qwikset. They told me they would send me a new lock set - their products have a lifetime warranty. I didn't even have to send them the old lock.
In the meantime, I took the door mechanism off a seldom used closet door in the computer room and installed it in the back door so it would stay closed. Of course it didn't have a lock on it, but we also have a double cylinder deadbolt on the door so we were able to lock the door.
Today the new lock set came via Fed-Ex. Of course it has a different key, but that's not a big deal.
I was really impressed with the response of Kwikset. This kind of service is far too rare in this day and age.
Thanks Kwikset Bob-tx

Not to many companies do that any more, it's nice to see.
bdeditch wrote:

Actually most do, it's just that most consumers forget about lifetime warrantees, figure they need the receipt, don't bother to call, etc. For the few consumers who actually do contact the company they usually are very happy with the service.
Pete C.

Actually most companies that have been around any length of time will do it, although since the Yale locks have been on my house over 40 years and haven't needed anything done to them yet I can't say for sure about them. Kwikset is a junk lock. Sorry but it is. Yeah, they gave you another one but if they made a good product you wouldn't have had to worry about it for 20 more years or so.

Now go find a bored 15 year old and give him a $2 lockpick and tension wrench and ask him to try and open the kwikset. If it it holds out 30 seconds it's better than average.

not replying to the topic of conversation. *ploink*
Unable to comprehend that the topic of the thread is kwikset something

themselves, it was their customer service. Or are you really too dumb to comprehend that, you little punk.
Where do you live? I wanna come visit you.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Badly confused and totally frustrated by some words at the top of a post some drooling retard called "mm"

A. So people can see the answer in the preview pane, and decide if they want to scroll down for the question.
A. To reduce bandwidth, is why polite usenet posters trim excess text. To leave all the chicken scratches and old names is very impolite.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Maybe with it being shorter you can figure it out now.

BWAHAHAHA You're too fucking stupid to figure out that it's Kwikset and you are talking about morons? That's too fucking funny.

Funny there little man I don't see the words "customer service" in the subject. I see Kwikset though. WTF does it matter? Kwikset is SHIT. Like was already said they won't keep anybody out and like other people in the thread posted the shitty things keep breaking or are no good out of the box or whatever and you have to send them back. So you got a lock that won't keep people out and breaks a lot. Some drooling tard like you thinks that's good. Most people with a brain think it's a waste of time and shitty security. Buy a real lock and you won't have to send it back.
Or are you really too dumb

LMAO You wouldn't visit him or her if he or she posted an address. You're a gutless little bitch and you know it. That's why you post your little bitch boy threats on usenet where you don't have to see anybody face to face. A 110lb girl would kick your ass and probably has.
In the process of having a meltdown, and forgetting that it supposedly ploinked, something, probably a poorly written bot, called Abe screeched:

Bob wrote:

I have to say that I am not much impressed with Kwikset's as compared to Schlage etc. BUT it certainly is nice to see a company giving good customer service like this. BTW if you want to get the lock rekeyed just take it and your existing key to any decent locksmith and they can probably do it while you wait for not much $$$.
good luck,
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Schlage is harder to pick than Kwikset. Baldwin I don't know never picked one. The other crap is about the same as Kwikset. Kwikset and that other junk can be picked faster than most people can get out the right key and open it. Lousy tolerances and crappy materials gaurantee it only gets worse with even light type use. Worse you don't even have to pick a knob kwikset. The whole cylinder pops out the front in a few seconds with the freaking thing on the door and locked. It's a joke. Hard to beleive they sell it that way.

The Schlage residential they used to sell, I really liked them. Someone changed the design, and the newer Schlages I do not like at all.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.