Grease on Garage door opener

I am getting ready to do a little service to our craftsman chain drive GDO, lube/adj tension on the chain,etc. IIRC they give you a spec. of like ~1 inch sag below the C/L of the trolley or track. My question is; is this with the door open, or the door closed, because it is different in either case. Also, is it a good Idea to put a little White grease or some type of dry lube on the track and the trolley?(Not the roller tracks) TIA Tony D.

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

It's with the door disconnected from the opener & the opener carriage stopped at about half way opened so there is no force being exerted on the chain.

Yes the opener rail should be greased w/ a white or light weight grease periodically to reduce friction but should be put on very lightly.

Doordoc

Doordoc

Hey, good deal, Thank You, Tony D.

"Doordoc" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...