Grease on Garage door opener

I am getting ready to do a little service to our craftsman chain drive GDO, lube/adj tension on the chain,etc. IIRC they give you a spec. of like ~1 inch sag below the C/L of the trolley or track. My question is; is this with the door open, or the door closed, because it is different in either case. Also, is it a good Idea to put a little White grease or some type of dry lube on the track and the trolley?(Not the roller tracks) TIA Tony D.

It's with the door disconnected from the opener & the opener carriage stopped at about half way opened so there is no force being exerted on the chain.
Yes the opener rail should be greased w/ a white or light weight grease periodically to reduce friction but should be put on very lightly.
Doordoc www.DoorsAndOpeners.com
Hey, good deal, Thank You, Tony D.