Gray water leachfield

Page 1 of 3
I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. I want to drain grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a leachfield. There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids. I know people who have done this with RV's.
I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.
Anyone done this? Advice? Suggestions?
TIA
Steve
Heart surgery pending? www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com Heart Surgery Survival Guide

What is that for?
Like
--

Those dashes?

Steve

I'm just going to trust you on this. Please let me know what you see, and if it is done right and working properly. I think I get it, but I have made that mistake before. Thanks for the help.
Now, any help on the greywater question?
Steve
--

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
harry wrote:

The earth will heal itself, meanwhile the saved money could go to help find a cure for cancer, promote world peace, or subsidize the cowboy poetry contest.

WTF, plants love grey water. putting it into the topsoil is the best thing that you could do. better there than into the bay where it can cause problems.
nate

WTF, plants love grey water. putting it into the topsoil is the best thing that you could do. better there than into the bay where it can cause problems.
nate
Actually, I was going to run it to my medical marijuana plants. Strictly for medical, you understand....................
Steve
--

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com

I agree. My washing machine has been dumping out under my banana trees for 3 decades and they seem to love it. As long as the water is not draining directly into a waterway and you are not dumping any kind of persistent chemicals, I don't see a problem.
On Jul 27, 11:38am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

That's how the washing machine in my grandparents house was plumbed as well. Dumped on the gournd. That might be the answer. A leechfield for the water used to wash out beer vats might just be over engineering this problem. Just dump it on the ground.
N8N wrote:

Yep. You've got to consider the downstream (no pun intended) consequences.
Just last year, Seattle finally got with the program and quit using salt on its icy roadways after someone pointed out that the salt would pass through the storm sewer system into Pugent Sound.

What? They thought they were changing the salinity of the Pacific ocean? I would be a lot more worried about the oil that runs off the roads.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Harrumph!
In the great crusade to save the planet, avoiding road salt being dumped in the Pacific is roughly the same magnitude as erecting wind turbines.
It's for the children.

You gotta love it. Wind turbines spinning, chopping up birds by the millions. First, the required beacons atop the turbines flash and disorient or blind the birds. Some see it as the rising sun and go right to it. This phenomenon happens on high towers a lot because of their REQUIRED lighting.
It's as funny as when they turned loose that seal they spent $250,000 on cleaning it up after the oil spill. Lights, camera, buses of school children, news crews...............
cue the seal ..........
turned loose .................
cue the cameras .........
cue the screaming applauding children ............
cue the killer seal ...................
You guessed it.
Oh, I forgot ...........
cue the screaming running terrified children ..............
They'll get over it.
Eventually.
Lots of expensive therapy.
Steve
--

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Bob F wrote:

Evidently, then, the mayor of Seattle is an idiot because that's the reason he gave for discontinuing roadway salt.

And these streams and lakes empty into what exactly?

Right-wing wackos didn't say anything. It was the mayor of Seattle. Being a Democrat, I don't THINK he's was a right-wing wacko. The policy of avoiding salt is decades old, but was recently reversed by former mayor Nickels in 2009. He lost his re-election bid anyway.

I bought a house. Included was about 50 gallons of waste oil, 5 gal. buckets of roofing butyl, and assorted 5 gal. buckets of gook. I took the oil to the box store that sells auto parts. Have to have a receipt that says you bought 5 gal. of oil THERE in order to turn in the 5 gal. of used oil. Called JiffyLube. No can do. Called the landfill. They have an "amnesty" day ONCE A YEAR where they will take anything no questions asked. The next one is this spring.
And they wonder why people take this crud and dump it in the desert.
Steve
wrote

You should have called the real estate agent who handled the sell. That house was not delivered in the "broom clean" state it was supposed to.
--
Best regards
Han

It should have been in the sales contract. The hazmat stuff should have been identified, in particular.
wrote

That would have helped, but is not really necessary IMNSHO. Probably too late now, but the real estate agent has an address, I bet ... I would still use it, but then, I'm (luckily) not the OP.
Btw, here in Bergen county, NJ, the haz people collect at least quarterly, so I would probably have waited for a collection date and location.
--
Best regards
Han

That certainly depends on the jurisdiction. When we sold the previous house, such things were enumerated in the sales contract. No big deal. Just $$.

In VT, they would collect at the dump (transfer station, really) quarterly but household quantities of hazmat stuff could be dropped off at their offices pretty much anytime, six days a week (there were odd hours of operation). They actually had a pretty good system. One of the only things they did that was worthwhile. We lived in NY before that. They had *no* means of getting rid of any household waste, including appliances and mattresses, other than dumping them on a country road.
It's even better here in AL, though. Just set it by the curb and it's gone on Wednesday (appliances cost a couple of bucks).
wrote

"Would" have waited? I still have the crud, and I WILL wait until I can properly dispose of it.
Steve
--

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com