Granite Countertop

I have seen an ad for a method to resurface a countertop with some kind of man made granite.
The old top is covered, without dismantling, with what looks like a 1/4 inch thick granite. I assume the stuff is poured because it curves to form the front edge.
Anybody has experience about durability or any other problem?
Thanks
MG

I never heard of what your describing. I had SileStone installed in my kitchen but they removed the old countertop and put the new top on.

it's not poured. it's real granite, just very thin sheets.
what is a rough price for the granite counters?

of
standard solid granite? usually $45-75/sqft. granite tiles? $7-20/sqft. both + costs for edging, which can be $10-20/lin ft.
you can pay more too, depending upon which color you chose and installation problems.

inch
You're talking about this stuff, I assume: http://www.granitetransformations.com/granite.html
Appears to be granite dust / chips in an epoxy or polyester binder. I would think it would be fairly durable - but have no 1st hand exp.
The cost may not be significantly less than a new granite counter, though. No demo required, tho - which can be a plus.
According to Ranieri <uh, nah>:

Zodiaq (Dupont), Silestone and a few other materials are 90% quartz/10% epoxy resin composites which are used as a granite substitute. Produced as large slabs, you get local dealers to cut/install the stuff for you.
Cheaper? No. Roughly same price range as natural granite, but there's more colours, and the stuff _really_ doesn't need any maintenance. (Granite needs to be [re]sealed periodically, this stuff doesn't)
Your link sounds like something very similar, but oriented towards a different application.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
"Ranieri" <uh, nah> wrote:

We took a look at that "Granite Transformations" stuff when they opened up a place in town. While it might be nice alternative to something like Corian (the epoxy binder is going to give it a lot of the same heat-related downsides as Corian, without Corian's "buff out scratches" upside), it comes out a distant second in the esthetics department -- the stuff has very little "depth" to it.