Granite Counter Tops

Page 4 of 4
On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 15:52:31 -0600, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

If you're not doing surfaces at the same time, be careful that they don't need to be even close to matching. Matching stone is even harder than wood/stain. We have five surfaces (not counting the second side of two 'L's) in the kitchen. Different stone on them would look pretty bad. The two largest, the 'L's would look terrible if they didn't match. The others, at least, aren't next to each other.
The only laminate we have in this house is in the laundry. All four baths have granite tops. I'd rather they had made them all the same. :-(
On 2/5/2012 4:07 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Good point. I'll have to look into that. I'm not sure how much it would matter but I don't make those types of executive decisions around here. The counters are tiered so not matching might be a good thing.
On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 16:18:13 -0600, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

Same as ours. It might also be that "close" isn't nearly as good as not so close.

Why do you need to decorate your kitchen? Doesn't your food taste good ubless you decorate like a fruitcake?