Granite counter

I'm trying to get some advice on installing a prefabricated granite counter. I need to make a 45* cut. what tool should I used and also what kind of glue I need for the union/joint ( L shapped).

Is there a website on how to ? Thanks,

Ruben

Reply to
RubenD

Most would agree you're way over your head on this as a DIY project. Have a look around any granite fabricator's store and it will be obvious that their equipment is very expensive and quite precise. That translates to $$, so rather than reinvent the wheel, have the shop do the hard work while you get the underpinnings for the counter beefed up enough to handle the half ton or so of added mass. Little things like having the wall behind the backsplash perfectly flat so there no ugly gap to fill should be your priority. Whatever, study the procedures with care before committing, as discarding something priced at over $50 a square foot is kind of painful. Laminates over particle board are doable for the DIY person, fancy stone, not so much.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Well it's cut with diamond blades I could probably go into more detail, But by the time you bought the right tools you could pay an installer to do it. Also there is no price on experience. The best thing to do is find a installer that has the right tools or access to a shop set up to cut granite. Stay away from the hacks that cut it in the garage with a diamond bladed circular saw or peanut grinder fitted with a diamond blade. ( they do have to do some field cut ) It's really a pretty specialized trade.

Reply to
Sac Dave