Government grants for solar panels

Not.
"[WASHINGTON, D.C.] Dozens of District residents who installed solar panels on their homes under a government grant program promoting renewable energy have been told they will not be reimbursed thousands of dollars as promised because the funds were diverted to help close a citywide budget gap. "
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/27/AR2011022702910.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/27/AR2011022702910.html Did you expect anything else?
Steve

It's all for the children. You should appreciate that! <grin>.
--
Best regards
Han
Stormin Mormon wrote:

The way I read the article is that the government takes money from others, promises to reimburse you for a perceived social good, then reneges on the promise so they can give the money to those that have an immediate need.
Presumably, the discussion on resource allocation involved this conversation stopper: "Obviously those that can afford $12,000 for solar collectors don't need the money..."
But it's not all bad. There's the emotional high experienced by those who did what they could to save the environment. That's gotta mitigate the downside of a twelve-grand hit.

contribution." Easy mistake to make.

If you had the money to blow on solar panels, you didn't need it in the first place. The teachers union had a more immediate need.

Right, but the NEA does.

Right, and buy a Volt, while you're on the high.
On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 07:16:19 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

It is exactly American. We vote for the people who make those laws. If you don't like them, vote for someone else. Sometimes the rights of society as a whole trump the rights of individuals. I think Jesus would agree, no?
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That's you.
One can be active in the party of choice. As such, you have a say in who the candidate will be, his platform, policies, and promises.
You can contribute, time or treasure to the person of choice long before the primary.

Wouldn't want the guy who you threw your vote away on to actually WIN, now would you?

Why not just take off that day?

Nothing unusual there, lots of states who have promised rebates dont have the money to pay. I wonder how many people would not have them put in if they knew their promised rebates weren't worth the paper they were written on. You would think that if a state owed one of its citizens money that the easiest way to pay it off would be to let them deduct it from their income tax. Ha Ha, that doesn't happen either.
Jimmie

It was the same deal here in Florida. There are lots of people who are still waiting for thousands of dollars that are not coming.
On Mar 1, 4:16am, "Stormin Mormon"

Hey, man, that's the tip of the iceberg! The government takes money from you "by threat of force" and uses it to build fast,safe highways; supply clean, safe drinking water; provide safety lighting for citiesorganize police to keep your home and family safe; compel food processors and packers to list ingredients on packages to ensure safe food supply for you and your family; create old age guarantees against sickness and poverty -- man, we could go on for pages, listing what that bad ole' government does -- stuff the rest of us take for granted as part of civilized society.
Bet you wish you could unilaterally prevent the government from taking YOUR money from you "by threat of force". Then you could handle all of the above and much, much more, all by your widdle self! Hint: Lay in plenty of ammo.
HB
On 3/2/2011 3:46 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Government takes money from you "by threat of force"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDSwyCPEsQ

build fast,safe highways; supply clean, safe drinking water; provide safety lighting for cities

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opxuUj6vFa4

organize police to keep your home and family safe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia
compel food processors and packers to list ingredients on packages to ensure safe food supply for you and your family
http://www.enn.com/ecosystems/article/33515
create old age guarantees against sickness and poverty
http://www.thenation.com/article/whacking-old-folks
I love my Liberal friends, even though they live in LaLa land, have no clue and are blind as to what those they worship are really all about.
TDD

that PBS had more than one station in many areas and that it had more affiliates than any non-governmental network. They thought that if you sold off the extra channels you could set up a trust fund that would replace the Fed contribution.
On 3/2/2011 6:43 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

I think we have the oldest public television network here in Alabamastan. They're always running fund raising telethons and people do donate lots of money. The local programming doesn't seem to be as Left leaning as the programming from the more Leftist state's educational institutions. I've seen programming coming out of places like Boston that's really from out there in La La Land. :-(
TDD