Got my Harbor-Master

Just picked up my Harbor Freight "multifunction power tool" today--for $35 w/coupon. In honor of the tool it's a clone of, I'm going to call it the Harbor-Master.

Saw the new models there, which are going for $49. They have variable speed, and I understand that they've improved the mounting system so that the little nubs don't wear down so fast. But I'm looking forward to using mine soon (have a job where I need to open up some plaster walls). It seems to be well and solidly built.

I did pick up a couple extra blades, including a carbide and a diamond one. We'll see how it does.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:4b6cc271$0$13135 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com:

In case you missed it and find the tooth blade wears out fast, the Dremel works in it.

Reply to
Red Green

David...Keep us posted on how well it works. WW

Reply to
WW

Here's how well they work: the one I bought last year now has racked up maybe 100 hours or more, sawing, slicing up old linoleum, cutting drywall, on and on. Resharpened the cutting blade successfully with a disc cut off tool. So what are you waiting for? You know you need one .

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I've been abusing my HB multi-tool heavily for a year with no issues.

Reply to
salty

Regular price is $39.95 on the internet.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

I got one last week. I haven't used it yet, but I did try it out. I cut a cube out of the corner of a scrap of 2X4. I got it out in less than a minute with flat sides and sharp corners. I was really impressed. Now I just need to find some good uses. One I am planning is to insulate my garage door. I figure it will be great for cutting the foam panels to fit.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gill

There is almost always a coupon to get it for $35. Links to these coupons get posted here all the time.

Reply to
salty

I even use mine to flush cut framing nails that are in the way.

Reply to
salty

got a link?

Reply to
RichterScale

willshak

Bill Gill wrote in news:1Iebn.94405$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe08.iad:

I was in HF like a week ago. They must be selling like hotcakes. They had a 6' 5 shelf rack in prime display area right by the front door. Entirely stocked with them. Another disply off to the side with the different blades.

Reply to
Red Green