Got my Harbor-Master

Just picked up my Harbor Freight "multifunction power tool" today--for $35 w/coupon. In honor of the tool it's a clone of, I'm going to call it the Harbor-Master.
Saw the new models there, which are going for $49. They have variable speed, and I understand that they've improved the mounting system so that the little nubs don't wear down so fast. But I'm looking forward to using mine soon (have a job where I need to open up some plaster walls). It seems to be well and solidly built.
I did pick up a couple extra blades, including a carbide and a diamond one. We'll see how it does.

- a Usenet "apology"

In case you missed it and find the tooth blade wears out fast, the Dremel works in it.

David...Keep us posted on how well it works. WW

Here's how well they work: the one I bought last year now has racked up maybe 100 hours or more, sawing, slicing up old linoleum, cutting drywall, on and on. Resharpened the cutting blade successfully with a disc cut off tool. So what are you waiting for? You know you need one <G>.
Joe

I've been abusing my HB multi-tool heavily for a year with no issues.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 08:52:44 -0500, Van Chocstraw

There is almost always a coupon to get it for $35. Links to these coupons get posted here all the time.
On 2/5/2010 7:17 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

I got one last week. I haven't used it yet, but I did try it out. I cut a cube out of the corner of a scrap of 2X4. I got it out in less than a minute with flat sides and sharp corners. I was really impressed. Now I just need to find some good uses. One I am planning is to insulate my garage door. I figure it will be great for cutting the foam panels to fit.
Bill

I even use mine to flush cut framing nails that are in the way.

I was in HF like a week ago. They must be selling like hotcakes. They had a 6' 5 shelf rack in prime display area right by the front door. Entirely stocked with them. Another disply off to the side with the different blades.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

got a link?
RichterScale wrote the following:

--