Got Mice Living in Ceiling

Page 1 of 2
I've got a family of mice living in my living roof ceiling. Any recommendations for how to get rid of them?
Thanks, Mike
trap don't poison they will die in bad places peanut butter on mouse traps!
Wayne

Yes, I'm thinking the same thing.
Mie

Mice don't usually stay in the ceiling. They wander around at night in search of food. That's when you get 'em. I've had excellent results with sticky traps and I got me a good cat. Feed the cat just enough to keep it around. If you overfeed the cat, it won't hunt.
Bob

How do you know they are mice and not chipmunks or flying squirrels, do you now where they go in and out.
I saw one late one night.
Mike

If you have kids or a lazy cat and do not want to put the spring type traps on the floor try the walk in and shut the door type of traps.. they work well too and don't pinch fingers. Hold your nose when you open them though, mice really smell even when they are alive.

I'll get some of them too.
Mike

I've got some sticky traps outm but I'll buy more. Really don't like cats, but it looks like one is in my future.
mike

Mike wrote:

Think cat.
Borrow one if you have to.
This cat I got wandered up out of the holler one day, skinny and mean. It had to hunt for a living so I knew it would be a good mouser. First day it brought me a squirrel. Good kitty. It's due to have kittens any day now, good bloodline, let me know where to send them.
Bob

rck wrote:

The greatest number of mice killed by one cat is 28,899. Towser, a tortoise-shell tabby in charge of rodent control at a Scottish brewry, killed 28,899 mice in her 21 years. This is about four mice per day, every day, for 21 years. Towser died in 1987.
Had I been in charge of the brewery, I'd have gotten Towser a helper.

How do they know the facts on this, and where did u get this onfo. Did they have this cat on a video monitor at all times ro what?
I could use a Towser for a couple of days.
Mike

On Mon, 10 May 2004 04:00:34 GMT, "rck"

Be sure to keep the kittens for 7-8 weeks so the mother can train them to be as good hunters as she is. They need to learn, they don't just automatically know how to hunt. And spay the mother after the kittens are weaned.
No money for spaying, I'm retired on a low fixed income. What happens to the cat happens. Some of the kittens will be roadkill, some will be gotten by the foxes. One or two may survive or may not. This isn't like life in the big city. We don't get too attached to animals here, except for maybe a good coon dog.
Bob
wrote:

it
I used to think that the mother trained the kittens but last year we got two who didn't have the benefit of training by the mother. They each bring in one or two mice, vols, moles, chipmunks a day. I now believe that most of the hunting skill or ability is genetic.
RB
snipped-for-privacy@suds.com wrote:

Sounds like just what I needI'm in the Baltimore, MD area. Where are you located?
Mike

Tennessee...and they won't be ready for 8 weeks. You should have had this problem when I lived in Philly.
Bob
Yep.
Mike