got a DTV converter

Trade them for shower heads and toilets.

Reply to
gfretwell

Those who have limited money, and no need for a digital tuner. I know several people in that situation.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

Low power and translator stations aren't affected by the law. Maybe someone who lives close to one of those.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

The US used to go up to 83 (not 86), but it has been limited to 69 for

20 years or do. They're supposed to be lowering the limit even more now, I forget how far.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

When other were trying to save water, I bought a bigger shower head right after I bought my house, in 1983. Now I almost never use the shower, but I saved the old head and when I move I'll put it back on and take the good one with me.

Reply to
mm

No wonder I don't know.. I stopped paying attention to most things about 20 years ago.

Wait a second. Are you saying there will still be UHF stations after the digital conversion? With TV on them?

Reply to
mm

Canada is switching too, just not as soon. With so much of their population so close to US border and watching US stations on a regular basis, and vice-versa in US border areas, they pretty much have to be compatible in order to keep selling ads.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Already been done. The first restriction was when they gave away the area between 800 and 890 MHz. The second was when they sold 700-800 MHz.

Reply to
clifto

Yes there will. They are using (part of) the same frequency band for digital as was used for analog.

Also, according to the official website, this law DOES NOT affect low power and translator stations.

Here is a list of the network channels I get here, and the digital broadcast channels:

ABC analog=7 digital=10 CBS analog=19 digital=18 CW analog=38 digital=38* Fox analog=51 digital=31 NBC analog=58 digital=22

  • - According to antennaweb.org, CW will switch to digital broadcasting on Feb 17 2009, using the same channel. The other channels broadcast digital already.
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

700-800 MHz corresponds to channels 52-69, which sounds like what I remember. However, that range is still in use for TV. The NBC station here is broadcasting on channel 56. The digital version of that is on channel 22, well outside that range.
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Yeah, in the Chicago area we still supposedly have 54, 56, 60, 61, 62 and

66 on the air on analog.

for the lists near the bottom, for those who spotted the three adjacent analog channels.

Reply to
clifto

In Baltimore, we definitely have 54 and 67 on the air in analog. Same as the 25 years I've been here.

Reply to
mm

What about Peru?

Reply to