Gosh-darned sliding door

My sliding glass door is sticking, and I can't seem to bring it out from the inside, like all the web sites show. The only way I can get it off seems to be to take out the fixed glass panel and take it out from the outside. I'm scared to do this. Should I go ahead and do this or am I missing something obvious?

sane54

Probably, but I can't see from here... :)

May have (or again, probably has) an anti-entry feature of a stop in the upper track to prevent unauthorized entry by the expedient of just lifting the door out of the track. Look to see if there's anything at the top that can be loosened to then let the door come out. If you can tell the manufacturer, probably can find information on the specific one either on the web or by calling a local distributor. It undoubtedly went in w/o removing the glass and almost certainly can come out that way as well...

Reply to
dpb

I'm not sure what you are seeing on "all the web sites" but my Peachtree comes out as follows:

Along the top of the frame, interior of the sliding panel, there is a ~

3/4 x 3/4 piece of trim. If I look up at the bottom of this trim I see a series of screws going up into the frame. Remove these screws, remove the trim and pull the top of the door into the room to remove.

Caution: When you remove the trim, the door may want to fall into the room on its own, so have a helper nearby or brace the door with a 2x4 first.

HTH

snipped-for-privacy@sane54.com wrote:

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Bring it out? You mean slide it, or remove it?

tom @

Tom The Great