Gorilla Brand Of Ladder At Home Depot: Good ?

Hello:
See that Home Depot is selling a "Gorilla" brand of ladder that looks like it does a lot of things that the "Little Giant" one does.
It's a lot cheaper, apparently.
Anyone have any thoughts as to if this is a "good" product ?
Thanks, B.

Gorilla is made overseas, Little Giant in the US. Both have many satisfied customers from what has been written here and other places.
I bought the Werner brand ladders at Lowes because it's about the same price as the Gorilla Ladders at Home Depot and the Werner ladders aren't made in China (mine are made in USA, but that might depend upon the individual ladder).

I have a gorilla ladder, and there two things I can say with only seeing little giant on tv.
1. I have say my 21 footer is a little heavier considering how easy they wipe around the one on the info-merical.
2. When you split the ladder into two, the little giant just clips together. The gorilla gives you a seperate 'elbow' to use at the angle point. Gorrilla's elbow piece looks real strong compared to the giant's clip in feature.
Now remember, these are observations made from owning a gorilla ladder, and seeing the information for little giant. Should anyone want to buy a little-giant for better comparisons, please feel free. :-P
later,
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:37:44 -0500, "Robert11" <rgsrose@[EMAIL PROTECTED]

wrote:
I have a 6ft. gorilla step ladder and can say it is very sturdy and has a paint rack included which the werner brand charged extra to add. I am very pleased. A little on the heavy side but that's ok!

I have a Little Giant, and keep in mind it's made in 3 or 4 "weights" or ratings. The heavier ones are quite sturdy. I'm light (and also not too strong), so I bought the lightest rating, but it still seems like quality. The reason I didn't buy the Gorilla was because the rating and length choices were minimal, at least at my store.
I have a Werner that is the same idea. It is very heavy and difficult to adjust.
I suggest you carry the Gorilla around and set it up a few times before buying it. If it feels good, go for it.
I like my little giant--sturdy, reliable and easy to use. plus, made in the good ol' U.S.of A.

I have a Gorilla and really like it, it's great for working over head above steps which is the main reason I bought it. I also have 6 ft and 8 ft step ladders so don't have to lug the Gorilla for everything I do. Purchased mine when Home Depot had them on sale. RM~
I have one and it is the most stable ladder that I have ever owned. I is great for a home owner but if I had to use it everyday I would not have one because of the weight. I don't know what the weight of a comparable Little Giant is.
CR

above
mine
oh, yeah...the work platform that comes with the little giant is great!