Google Rant (was hole size for taps

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Well , I never said that Google didn't work extremely well . And it's not that I have anything to hide , but I take great exception to them mining my data and searches and selling it to third parties - whether it be the gov't or a marketing company . Haven't you ever wondered why the advertising on virtually every web page you visit seems to be tailored just for you ? That's because it is ! And while we're on the subject , I also use an ad blocker program . What makes them think they can use bandwidth I pay for to push their products on me ?
--
Snag
I dumped Facebook
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
http://www.brokenbolt.com/images/starrett-inch-metric-tap-drill.pdf
Starrett used to hand these out for free, they probably still do to clients, being retired now I have no idea. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Decimal-Fractions-Metric-Conversion-Pocket-Charts-Tap-Drill-Sizes-Starrett-/281249298027
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:09:17 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

Wow, and you say that like it's a bad thing. I google for chainsaws and along with the search they show me ads for online stores selling them at good prices along with stuff that might be used by someone buying a chainsaw.
And while we're on the subject , I also use an ad

Well, I guess the fact that you are using their free service? What makes you think companies should provide you with search engine services for free and not make money somehow to support it?
--

If you object to anyone using any of your bandwidth to show you ads, that sure rules out much of the internet.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 1/20/2014 8:14 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Now you've done it. His tin foil hat is all ruffled up and glowing!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike wrote:

Gee thanks , I've never had a tinfoil hat before ! OK , so objecting to any and everyone collecting data about me , my shopping habits , what web sites I visit , etc is apparently considered a "bad thing" by modern progressive citizens . So how about I drop in on you in the bathroom to see what you read while you take a dump ? Or maybe come in your bedroom while you're making love to your wife , because that might give me information about which products would "enhance your lovemaking experience" ? It's all the same thing , gentlemen , just a matter of degree .
--
Snag



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 1/20/14 3:41 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

You reminded me that I bookmarked this search engine awhile back. https://www.ixquick.com claims to be the most private search engine. Darned if I know. I've been using Bing partly because it isn't Google.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 1/20/2014 9:06 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

I've had good results with www.startpage.com
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I just don't know where to begin.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 1/20/14 8:50 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The same name is on the bottom left of both second pages.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.