Google is not your friend

Google Earth to

250 pools whose

Ummm...you _do_ know that pools contain chemicals to keep it sanitary?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Google Earth to

pools whose

Yes, the same chemicals used by pretty much every public and private water utility in the world to sanitize DRINKING water.

Reply to
JohnnyD

If the chemicals in your pool are properly balanced, it should be about the same as "city water". (2.5 - 3 PPM Chlorine and a pH a tad over 7) Are you saying those people who pump 6,000 gallons of tap water on their lawn once or twice a week are ruining the aquifer?

Reply to
gfretwell

Google Earth to

250 pools whose

Look up the definition of "aquifer" and get back to me. I'll be right here.

After you've done that, you might see my point, but probably not.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Kurt Ullman wrote in news:5qGdnQsOXOZSusXRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Yes. The privacy I was referring to is the protection against paparazzi, and being able to do what I want on my own property. Then there is rules and regulations.

Reply to
Han

Get ready for new housing codes, and massive inspections, proly costing the avg homeowner TENS of thousands of dollars, if not more, in fines as well as the cost of the work itself. Will be a boon for contracting, dats f'sure -- who will be "fee'd" to death, as well.

It's for your safety.

And when we roll over and acquiesce to DAT, we might as well just grab the nearest fallen tree branch, and f*ck ourselves in the ass with THAT. Surgery will proly be cheaper and less painful than the Municipal Home Invasion.

Reply to
Existential Angst

re; "Are you saying those people who pump 6,000 gallons of tap water on their lawn once or twice a week are ruining the aquifer?"

Since I started this arc, I'll answer that question: No.

Now I'll ask one: Do you know the difference between "the aquifer" and "groundwater"?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Check this article on the spread of civilian unmanned aerial vehicles.

HeyBub

The scary thing is going to be when the military starts surplussing theirs and the cops get them or they simply become a hobbyist item. I suppose there will be a thriving market in jammers that bring these things down

Reply to
gfretwell

Gotta look on the bright side. There'll be construction jobs-aplenty for the illegal aliens.

Reply to
HeyBub

Google Earth to

pools whose

GMAFB!

Reply to
krw

Since it's clear you can't read, write, or think, I'll just ask you straight up. What the f*ck are you yammering on about? How is a pool going to "ruin an aquifer"? I was giving you a benefit of the doubt with "ground water".

Reply to
krw

Google Earth to

pools whose

You can posture all you want, but you clearly are illiterate.

More posturing.

Why don't you just admit it. You fired off your mouth without engaging your (puny) brain.

Reply to
krw

You never did. Google is doing nothing illegal or immoral.

So you too can lose your ass?

Reply to
krw

And I don't think it is fattening, so Google is entirely in the clear!

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

e quoted text -

I don't need you to give me the "benefit of the doubt" - especially by putting words in my mouth and then telling me I can't read my own posts. How does someone become so arrogant that they can read a single word, assume the person meant something other than what they wrote and then berate them based on that incorrect assumption?

I specifically said in an earlier post "show me where I used the words "contaminated groundwater"? I never wrote, meant or even implied ground water. I never used the word "contaminated". I never mentioned chemicals. You made an incorrect assumption and took off from there, accusing me of not knowing what I wrote or meant.

You were wrong from the start and now you're in so deep you can't climb out of the hole you dug for yourself.

Here are the words *you* used while trying to show us all just how smart you are:

"Now, you tell me how a swimming pool is going to "ruin the aquifer" (ground water)."

Now it's my turn to assume that *you* didn't know the difference between "the aquifer" and "ground water". A person who knew the difference certainly wouldn't use them both in a sentence as if they meant the same thing, would they? Wouldn't they be considered illiterate if they did? I can only assume that you didn't know the difference until I suggested that you look it up. Hmmm...this "making assumptions" thing is kind of fun. I can see why you do it.

Consider the possibility - however slim - that digging the hole for the pool disturbs "an underground bed or layer of permeable rock, sediment, or soil that yields water" (the definition of an aquifer, not the definition of ground water) or the collapsing of the pool bottom and the ensuing rush of water that washes away "an underground bed or layer of permeable rock, sediment, or soil that yields water" (the definition of an aquifer, not the definition of ground water).

I really don't care if you think that is possible or not - but feel free to tell me that it isn't - *after* you admit that you were flat out wrong in assuming that I meant the pool could ruin the ground water. Being told that I am wrong about something I actually meant is very different than being told that I am wrong about something you

*assumed* I meant.

I never meant "ground water", regardless of how many times you try to convince yourself that I did, and regardless of how much vulgar language or how many insults you put in a post. If you think you have some kind of power to read a post and decipher the *real* meaning of the words someone used, you are sadly mistaken. How about next time

*asking* them what they meant before making an ass out of yourself?

You may now "posture", backpedal and toss a few choice insults my way, because we can all be sure that you're not going to apologize for being wrong in assuming you knew what I meant.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

quoted text -

More posturing. You refuse to explain your *stupid* comments because, well, you know they're stupid.

Ditz, you said you didn't know what words to use. I gave you some more choices. You never explained further, only yammer on about, well who knows what?

I'm not the one who's neck deep in his "aquifer", dummy.

You snipped the part where *you* said you didn't know what words to use. BTW ground water => aquifer.

...and if pigs could fly, perhaps you'd be useful.

Of course you don't care. You're happy being the dumbest stump in the group.

Ah, don't cry. Really, it's ok being the dumbest stump in the forest. Someone has to be.

More posturing. No content.

Reply to
krw

Pretty weak response.

re: "BTW ground water =3D> aquifer."

or

DerbyDad03

quoted text -

More posturing.

Only you would have to look up three syllable words.

Reply to
krw

uifer" (ground

Now you are really stretching. It's like you're not even trying anymore.

Reply to
DerbyDad03