Google is not your friend

More posturing.

Only you would have to look up three syllable words.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 4, 12:32 am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Now you are really stretching. It's like you're not even trying anymore.
Add pictures here
✖

Not stretching at all. I don't need to try very hard when arguing with someone with a single-digit IQ.
Add pictures here
✖

GMAFB!
Add pictures here
✖

Look up the definition of "aquifer" and get back to me. I'll be right here.
After you've done that, you might see my point, but probably not.
Add pictures here
✖

You can posture all you want, but you clearly are illiterate.

More posturing.
Why don't you just admit it. You fired off your mouth without engaging your (puny) brain.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 08:41:34 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

Looking at google pictures does not cost much and these inspectors either had to find something to do after the building boom stopped or lose their job. Departments still had to keep some of these people to protect the licenses so they found something to do. In most places these fines will not go into the general fund, they come right back to the building department.
Our tax collector has been using aerial pictures for many years. They don't seem to share the info with the building department tho. You just get assessed the taxes, not busted for the lack of permits.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 08:41:34 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

I have nothing to hide and I'm complaining. So there you go, not it's not just those complaining who have something to hide. Big brother is watching. I personally DO NOT want my property shown online. Can I stop them? NO.....
Now every criminal can look over our property... We dont have any privacy anymore.
Doing roadmaps was fine, but showing the actual buildings and land is bullshit. I'm waiting for a class action lawsuit to take place because I'll join immediately.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 05:42:07 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Life is all about choices. You chose the property you own. You could buy a piece of property that isn't shown on Google maps. i.e.- first floor of an apartment building- restricted area like adjacent to a nuclear research facility, etc.
Or you could disguise your current property so it doesn't look from the air the way it looks from the ground.

How did you stop them in the past? These photos have been available for decades, albeit not as easily as googlemaps makes them. The good their availability does far outweighs the 'bad'.

True that.

Don't hold your breath.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖

Looking at what Google shows of my home, it's nothing more than what anybody driving by could see from the road. The overhead view from the satellite doesn't show where I've hidden the diamonds and gold bullion. I think this is a lot of to do over nothing.

OTOH, if you're trying to find a place, it's damned handy to know what the building looks like before you try to locate it in traffic. Just last week, I found a new veterinarian's office that was off the main highway about 200 yards. I'd have never spotted it from the highway if I didn't know what I was looking for initially.
People coming to visit me drive right up because they know what the house looks like. It's much better than the old "4th house on the right" crap.
Take a chill pill.
Jay
Add pictures here
✖
Jay Hanig wrote:

$75,000 ain't nothing.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 05:42:07 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You never did. Google is doing nothing illegal or immoral.

So you too can lose your ass?
Add pictures here
✖

And I don't think it is fattening, so Google is entirely in the clear!
and name it after the IRS.
✖
wrote Re Google is not your friend:

Welcome to Amerika, land of the free.

✖
Caesar Romano wrote:

The city I live in has been doing this for over 10 years. They started with aerial photography and transitioned into satellite 5 or 6 years ago. They then layer hundreds of overlays such as property lines, title descriptions, street addresses, utilities, elevation, water flow... very accurately. Its all made available to the public. Any changes made to the property or building exterior foot prints are noticeable year over year.
Pools stick out like a sore thumb, as does the illegal shed (or so I am assuming) that was built onto the side of my house before I bought it. Good thing it was build before they started the areal photographing.
Big brother is watching!
Add pictures here
✖

re: "They then layer hundreds of overlays such as property lines, etc...very accurately"
Assuming their data is correct.
Soon after I bought my house, 40-something years after it was built, I began to prepare the permit application to build a deck. As I was taking my measurements and transfering them to a copy of the survey map, something didn't make sense. The deck appeared to be much closer to the rear lot line than my physical measurements indicated.
I discovered that the survey map for my property showed the house 20 feet farther back on the lot than my physical measurements placed it. If the map was right, then the existing fences for multiple properties were all screwed up since the lots on my side of the block were offset from the lots on the next street over. The map *had* to be wrong or there were going to be property line issues cascading throughout the neighborhood.
I contacted the Title Insurance company that signed off on the map for the closing and they sent a crew who scampered all over the neighborhood with sextons and tapes and books of maps. They eventually issued a new survey map for my property, moving the house forward 20 or so feet, which then caused my mortgage company to question how close the house was to one of the side property lines. (Based on how the lots were cut into the curved street, the house looks like it's straight on the lot, but it's actually at an angle.) Moving it up on the map put one corner too close to the property line and I had to submit letters saying that no one had complained in the last 18 months - even though I hadn't lived there for 18 months. I had to track down the previous owner have him sign off on the period during which he owned the house.
For 40 years the map had been wrong, yet accepted by multiple banks, and the town, when they approved an addition many years before I moved in. It wasn't until I actually took some measurements that the problem was discovered.
Add pictures here
✖

That doesn't necessarily change things. If you or a previous owner didn't pull a permit, they could require you to legalize it and make things difficult when you go to pull a permit.
✖
RicodJour wrote:

Well I would have dig a little deeper to know it actually needed a permit. It is smaller than 10 x 10, and although it is built on a cement pad it was not connected to the house. There is no side on it on the house side so you can see the vinyl siding. Water was running down the wall and getting things wet so my solution was to unsnap the siding and slipping in a strip of aluminum flashing. I put a bead of roof caulk under the flashing before I screwed it to the shingles. Since I added the flashing everything inside has been bone dry.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:15:57 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

Looks pretty friendly for Riverhead.
Add pictures here
✖

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/long_island/Google-Earth-Used-To-Find-Unlicensed-Pools-20100801-apx
Big Brother is not coming. He's here. There are more sites available with 10x the resolution of Google Earth.
Steve
✖